Tackers 1 is the first level of Tackers and is perfect for kids with little or no experience in sailing.
Tackers 1 Sailors begin by learning the basics of sailing and boat safety. All sailing equipment, including the boats, is provided. Our instructors are qualified by Australian Sailing, our governing sporting body. On completion of Tackers 1, instructors will determine whether a sailor is ready to commence Tackers 2.
This course will be run on a Sunday morning during Term 4.
Participants will need to be ready to start at 9:00am and the course will be finished by 11:30am.
The dates of the eight sessions are:
- 16 Oct
- 23 Oct
- 30 Oct
- 6 Nov
- 13 Nov
- 20 Nov
- 4 Dec
- 11 Dec
$450 and includes club membership until the end of the sailing season.
Register -Click Me
By the end of the Tackers 1 course, the participants will be able to:
- Steer with tiller extension
- Tie a figure 8 knot, round twice and two half hitches
- Tack (push turn)
- Gybe (pull turn)
- Reach around a figure of 8 course using both tacking and gybing
- Sail with tiller extension
- Sail upwind and downwind by following the safety boat
You will gain your Tackers 1 completion certificate.
- 7-12 years old
- Be able to swim 50 meters unassisted
- Participants must be supervised by a parent or carer during the half hour lunch break.
- Participants will be required to supply their own lunch.
- While supervision will be provided as part of the course, ultimate responsibility will be the participant’s parent or carer and accordingly they must be in attendance at all times.
- Missed sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you miss a session we will not be able to accommodate an alternative session or any refund.
- All courses are subject to change with limited notice, based on demand and availability.
- Places are limited. To avoid disappointment, we recommend registering early.